Monday, June 21, 2010

Everyday minerals please help really important! :)

Mk, I've decided I'm going to buy Everyday Mineral products and how great it really is because, EVERYONE tells me it's great... Uh, any suggestions for buying any of their makeup will I need to buy a certain brush for their products? Is it reccomended? What's your favorite from these four semi matte, matte, intensive, or origninal glo? Do I need to buy or wear something specfic before I wear the mineral foundation? Mk, thanks so much and remember 10 points for best answer! :DDDDEveryday minerals please help really important! :)
I just got the EM sample kit (yesterday) and so far I'm really pleased. They have brushes you can use but I already had brushes from bare minerals, so I didn't need theirs. I got matte and semi-matte. Matte I liked and semi-matte made my skin a little smoother. I have VERY oily skin so I might try matte in summer and semi-matte in winter. The color matched really well. You can put a facial moisturizer on before applying, but I don't have to in the summer. I will in the winter though. The way to apply it is to either sweep on (very light application) or buff in a circular motion (small circles) around your face. A finishing powder (usually a translucent powder) will really set the make-up and look better. P.S. a kabuki brush has heavier coverage so if you only need a light application you can by a large face brush from any make-up section. Even like a walmart. But sephora has good brushes, and bare minerals has GREAT brushes(even thought they shed.) But these are more expensive so go by your budget. I do believe a good brush is key to a great application though. P.S. I loved bare minerals, but BM made bumps EXPLODE on my cheeks and all over my face. It took my skin almost a month to recover. Hope all of this helps!Everyday minerals please help really important! :)
no offense but you shouldent listen to some of them


cause bare minerals everyday minerals are overpriced and not very good.





for how sheerly you have to apple them to get them not to look cakey you dont even get the SPF protection it comes with.





+ they are talc free b/c the rumor is talc is bad for the skin but in reality talc is a mineral too.





hope this helped
Surf the Everyday Minerals forums (under the community tab) the girls on their are really helpful and have lots of great ideas.





Start by trying their sample kit to find your right color and you can try out different sheens. Also matt/semi/intens/org are good for different types of skin which is also explained under the FAQ section so if you have really oily skin one is better then the rest I just don't remember off the top of my head.





Before I apply make up I wash then apply moisturizer wait for it to dry apply their start to finish primer powder. Then I apply their concealer with a small brush.





You do need a brush to apply their foundations and concealers, you can look at the ones they offer and then find cheaper ones at places like CVS. A medium sized brush is good for applying foundation because you really want to blend it in with circular motions and then a big puffy brush for a soft blush.





Some people like liquid primers, especially if they get oily skin, MAC makes a good one also Mary Kay. If I am applying their eyeshadow as a powder I use a primer but a lot of times I cover my brush with a clear lip balm then put it in the pot of powder, it makes a nice cream that goes on well.





If you want to buy the Everyday Mineral brushes buy them in a kit (their custom kits are any combination of stuff you want, so you can get a few brushes and then they are cheaper then buying separately).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan forgiveness